Chicken and Vegetables
2 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in
1 pound baby red potatoes halved
1 pound carrots peeled
1 cup onions chopped
1 pound green beans trimmed
fresh parsley chopped, for serving optional
salt and pepper to taste
Honey Garlic Sauce
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended
1/4 cup ketchup or tomato paste
2 tsp oregano
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, soy sauce, oregano and ketchup.
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, add chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and onions and finally sauce mixture on top.
- Cover the slow cooker tightly and cook at high setting for 2 1/2 hours or the low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, add the green beans and cook for another 15 minutes. Meanwhile, you may wish to broil the chicken for 2-3 minutes for a crispy skin.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to serving plates. Spoon sauce on top and sprinkle on optional parsley. Enjoy!