I put Reese pieces in them along with the M&Ms
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, shortening and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in vanilla until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Gently fold in M&M’s.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until edges are golden brown but the center is still moist about 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.