1. You can properly pronounce Lafayette, Bossier, Natchitoches,
Opelousas, Shongaloo, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, and you know
that New Orleans doesn’t have a long “e” sound anywhere in it.
2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard
and look for a funnel.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not
determined by the distance to the door, but by the
availability of shade.
5. Stores don’t have bags, they have sacks.
6. You’ve seen people wear bib overalls at funerals.
7. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
8. You measure distance in minutes.
9. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special
10. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to
11. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an
12. You know cowpatties are not made of beef.
13. Someone you know has used a LSU football schedule to
plan their wedding date.
14. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger
than your fist.
15. You aren’t surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and
bait all in the same store.
16. A Mercedes Benz isn’t a status symbol. A Ford F-250
Extended Bed Crew Cab Powerstroke is a status symbol.
17. You know everything goes better with ‘Tony’s’.
18. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how
19. You actually get these jokes and are “fixin” to send them
to your friends.
20. You’re not offended by the term “coonass.” If anything,
it’s a compliment.
Finally, you are 100% Louisianian if you have ever had this
“You wanna coke?”